Nairobi Metropolitan Services is a citizen-centric public service that was formed on March 9th 2020 following an agreement that led to the transfer of four core functions from Nairobi City County Government to the National Government.
Mandate and functions of Nairobi Metropolitan Services
The Nairobi Metropolitan Services under the Executive Office of the President as per the Executive Order No.1 of 2020 (revised) is mandated to perform the following functions.
- County Health Services;
- County Transport Services;
- County Public Works, Utilities and Ancillary Services; and
- County Physical Planning and Development.
To execute the functions, NMS is structured into Directorates as follows;
- Health Services
- Roads, Transport and Public Works
- Lands, Housing & Urban Development
- Environment, Water and Sanitation
- Treasury and Planning
- Compliance, Enforcement and Delivery
- Legal Services